Eating lean protein like chicken is essential for weight loss.
This healthy, easy chicken recipe will help you eat right without sacrificing your taste buds.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut crosswise into thin slices)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tsp ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into lettuce cups (you can use flour tortillas or low-carb tortillas in place of lettuce wraps)
- Wash iceberg lettuce and cut into round shape lettuce cups. Keep it in the refrigerator to stay cool.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until a flat omelet forms, about 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip the eggs and cook on the other side until done, 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and cut into strips. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Heat the remaining teaspoons of oil in the pan.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add the cabbage, ginger and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cabbage is wilted.
- Return the chicken and eggs to the pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, honey and 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk in the cornstarch until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the pan and turn the heat too high; bring to a boil. Boil for 30 seconds or just until sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately with lettuce wraps or tortillas, extra hoisin sauce and green onions.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. Healthy Supplies Shop is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of healthy supplies shop and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.